Below are some notable reviews or comments from folks in the industry or some readers. As the list gets longer, I’ll probably be pruning to save space.
To get the book, see my Book page for the direct links.
Also, I just learned that different countries don’t necessarily see my author page on Amazon where I captured the Tools of Prophecy book trailer. Here is the link to it: Video Trailer for the novel Tools of Prophecy
- Charged with preserving the world as they know it, two brothers have much to learn before they can even dream of it. “Tools of Prophecy” follows the young Riverton brothers as they seek to learn what they need to fulfill the weight of the prophecy levied against them. Faced with a long road and a likely death, “Tools of Prophecy” proves to be an exciting blend of adventurous reading, recommended.
- Midwest Book Review
- There’s plenty of action, a few twists, and some evil plots that are revealed
that made this story an exciting one. Along with the action, there’s a few new
characters who get introduced into the series. With a cast full of wizards,
elves, dragons, wolves, humans and more, this story’s over all good vs evil
battle just got a lot more exciting. Like book 1, if you’re looking for a clean
cut story that is full of fantasy, magic and adventure, I’d recommend picking
this series up.
- Mundie Kids
- I read the first book in this series and thoroughly enjoyed this so when I heard that the second book in the series was coming out I was excited to be able to review this as well. I have to say that the second book lived up to my expectation, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the plot, characters and adventurous undertones of the book pushed the book along making you want to read more to see what will happen next. The author does an amazing job at holding you in suspense, and with the strong character development that he provides you get to learn more and more about the characters as the book progresses which makes you only cheer them on further! This was an exciting book that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end and I have to say that even though you might think this is only for young adults, you would be mistaken as people of all ages will enjoy this book!
- Dad of Divas
- At the end of the day, Tools of Prophecy was an extremely satisfying second book in this series. If you haven’t started Michael A. Rothman’s epic journey yet, now is a great time to start! You won’t have to wait for the second book. If you have a young reader that is looking for adventure, or even if you are an older reader who feels the same way, this is a book for you. Get ready for an epic journey.
Hopelessly Devoted Bibliophile
- The book has everything a reader wants: action, romance, excitement. And the ending! Exciting, interesting and “can’t-catch-your-breath” exhausting. Then, just when you think it’s all clear, the author tosses in a cliffhanger again and leaves me wanting more. I am looking forward to the next book in the series and I highly recommend it to kids of all ages.
Long and Short Reviews
- I really liked the pace of this book and enjoyed how the action and adventure was mixed with romance. The author writes fluently and his story is easy to follow. The book began a bit slow, but every moment that dragged was followed immediately by action, and kept me engaged in the plot. I enjoyed all the characters, but my favorite was the toddler, Zenethar. What a cutie!
It’s Raining Books
- I can’t help but compare this series with the Percy Jackson series (’cause that’s the only kids’ fantasy series I’ve read that’s comparable). I have to say the first two books haven’t been as fast and action-packed as each and all the Percy Jackson books, but this doesn’t derail the series from being interesting and exciting in its own way. There are always new characters, storylines, and pieces of the prophecy introduced along the way so I’m kept interested and curious. I just hope it doesn’t drag on too long. I have high expectations for the third book. I’m hoping it will be like what Return of the King is for me–an epic conclusion!
White Sky Project
- This book feels like a gentle friend, who will tell you old stories, just to enjoy being the time with you. I am happy that the author has brought out the characters of this novel as so polite and good-hearted, because it will really help kids realize, how things SHOULD be. As decades come and go, the bonding within most families is reduced to nothing. That is the one thing that I want people to consider from the author’s view – family bonding! The Riverton family is the perfect family anyone would want. Their manners, their politeness, respect towards each other – everything amazed me.
Books are Magic
- When all is said and done this was an exciting read. Perfect for the middle grade reader and adults a like. The book has so much to offer that I think it would be a good read for everyone. I’m not one to think a certain book should be marketed more towards boys than girls but this one is one that I really seen a 10-13 year old boy really enjoying because of the fantasy angle of the book and I think it would make a great addition to any child’s library!
Turning the Pages
- I deeply enjoyed the variation of creatures that included wizards, dwarves, and elves, amongst others and of course, how well the Riverton family gets along, which is deeply refreshing for a woman of family like me. The fact that the author took his time in developing a plot that although simple, keeps you interested and completely immersed from one page to the next is also quite admirable.
- This is an action packed story that includes magic, demons, monsters, elves, dwarves, humans, and an ogre. The fight between good and evil is intense. The outcome of the fight is unknown.
Journey of a Bookseller
- Like the first book, this book immediately reminded of previous novels or movies I had watched. A school for magic was started to teach others about how to defend against evil. And BOOM! First thing I thought of? Harry Potter! This book had what the first book had and I really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of books out there where the second book would always disappoint me, this book didn’t. So basically transfer all the goodies I wrote for book one to this review. *Insert goodies here*.
Fire Star Books
- Tools of Prophecy by Michael Rothman is an exciting and addicting sequel in The Prophecy Series…I really like the growth the characters have taken in the second book, and cannot wait for the third book in the series to be released. I do not always enjoy fantasy novels, but I really love the creative and interesting fantasy that Michael Rothman has created.
Unabridged Book Shelf